Mag Revives Nasty Rumor That Eric Johnson is “Using” Jessica Simpson
11:21 am, September 29th, 2010
As a rule of thumb, picking through Star magazine’s leftovers isn’t the best way to get a scoop.
Former NFL player Johnson “always wanted the celebrity lifestyle,” alleges a “source” for the magazine.
“I believe that Jessica is his way to get famous,” continues the insider.
“He’s using her.”
The athlete, who is divorcing stylist wife Keri Johnson, is supposedly “in it for the perks,” according to Simpson “pals” cited by Us Weekly.
For all the talk about people around the singer not trusting Johnson’s intentions, however, Simpson herself seems smitten and happy, frequently posting photos of her beau on Twitter. Of course, happiness doesn’t sell magazines like drama and intrigue, which is why Star and Us feel the need to sow seeds of suspicion.
A source close to Simpson assures Gossip Cop that nothing has changed since we debunked the initial rumor back in July.
Readers shouldn’t be “using” the tabs as an authority on the perfectly content couple.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet