Emma Watson to Star in “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”
11:21 am, February 10th, 2011
Emma Watson will star in the long-anticipated film adaptation of The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
The Harry Potter star just tweeted, “Hi all, just wanted to tell you that for once a story in the papers is true! I’m filming Perks of Being a Wallflower this summer. Can’t wait!”
Watson will play Sam, the close friend and love interest of the main character Charlie (played by Logan Lerman), a naive 15-year-old coping with the suicide of his best friend and the adolescent struggle of trying to fit in.
Stephen Chbosky, author of the 1999 coming-of-age classic, is adapting and directing the film.
Are you looking forward to seeing The Perks of Being a Wallflower on the silver screen?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Celebrities Side Business Revealed
- 13 Most Surprising Celebrity Couples
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- Bethenny Frankel On Getting Talk Show Guests to Open Up
- Kim Kardashian Addresses eBay Auction Donation Controversy
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- A$AP Rocky & His Supermodel Girlfriend Get Fancy
- Where Did Jim Carrey Get His Comedic Roots?
- Famous Left Handers
- Is Eiza Gonzalez, Liam Hemsworth's Rebound Girlfriend?