Emma Watson: I Never “Realized” I Was Famous Until I Went To College in U.S.
4:41 pm, June 25th, 2013
As for how she’s managed to stay on the right path unlike some of her fellow child stars, the actress shares, “I think, in a way, I was very protected during Harry Potter, because I was working all the time. I would get in the car, go to the studio, and go home.”
Watson says because she lived in England and kept a low profile, she didn’t even realize she was a huge star until she enrolled in Brown University in 2009.
The actress reveals, “It sounds stupid, or completely unbelievable, but that was when I really realized that I was famous.”
“There are still days when I deal with [fame] horribly and there are days when I deal with it really well,” says the young star, who admits there are times she feels “wobbly” on the red carpet.
Watson, who’s not much of a partier herself, tells the mag she had an interesting time playing wild child Nicki in The Bling Ring.
She recalls, “We were doing a scene in a nightclub and this girl accidentally put her stiletto through my toe! And the crazy thing is, I had so much adrenaline going through my system that I just kept dancing until, finally, I looked down at my foot and saw the blood.”
The issue hits newsstands on July 2.
What do you think of Watson’s interview?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?