Emma Watson Busts Bullying Rumor
11:10 am, April 29th, 2011
Emma Watson is fed up with the rumors that she was bullied out of Brown University.
A week after Gossip Cop first debunked the inaccurate report, Watson has addressed it directly in a message on her official site.
“I felt the need to let you all know the reason I took a semester off from Brown had nothing to do with bullying as the media have been suggesting recently,” writes the star.
Many outlets buzzed that harassment from fellow students forced Watson to leave.
She shoots down those rumors.
“I have never been bullied in my life and certainly never at Brown. This ‘10 points to Gryffindor’ incident never even happened. I feel the need to say this because accusing Brown students of something as serious as bullying and this causing me to leave seems beyond unfair.”
“Please don’t try and speculate about what I might do in September – no one can possibly know because I don’t even know yet!”
“Like my other fellow Brown students I am trying to figure out my third year and whether or not I will spend it abroad (this is common).”
“I hope you all liked the new Harry Potter trailer. I am off to Pittsbugh soon to start The Perks of being a Wallflower. I’ve just got back from hanging out with Stephen Chobosky (the director and writer), Logan and Ezra (the two other principal actors) and I already know this is going to be an incredible experience. I feel very lucky.”
Hopefully this puts to rest the bullying rumor once and for all.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture