Emma Watson Goes Bling Ring Bad Girl For British GQ
3:03 pm, April 2nd, 2013
Emma Watson is saying goodbye to well-behaved Harry Potter heroine Hermione.
The actress appears on the cover of the May issue of British GQ as her tattooed, pole-dancing, law-breaking character from The Bling Ring, the upcoming movie based on the real-life group of privileged teens who burglarized celebrity homes.
“When I read the script and I realized that essentially it was a meditation on fame and what it’s become to our society, I had to do it,” Watson tells the magazine.
She explains that her character is “everything that I felt strongly against — she’s superficial, materialistic, vain, amoral. She’s all of these things and I realized that I hated her. How do you play someone you hate? But I found it really interesting and it gave me a whole new insight into what my job, or my role as an actress, could be.”
Watson knew that she didn’t want to do a period drama, which also made the wild role attractive.
“Really I was open-minded about doing anything, but the one thing I didn’t want to do was get myself into a corset because I was worried I’d never get out again,” says the actress. “I knew it would be a really comfortable thing to do, but I felt… I had to dive into something really different. This has been a really big departure for me; it’s a really big character.”
As our friends at ETOnline point out, Watson’s GQ cover outfit is reminiscent of Julia Roberts’ Pretty Woman prostitute – check out the comparison here!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Emma Watson's Most Fabulous Short Hair Styles
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- 7 Of Katy Perry's Unforgettable And Wildest Latex Looks
- Will Jay Z's Next Single Top The Charts?
- Miss Mariah Seriously Slims Down
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship