Emma Watson on Kristen Stewart: “Media Picked on Her in a Very Horrible Way”
11:59 am, February 8th, 2013
The Harry Potter star defends Stewart against the media scrutiny she’s faced for her personal life over the past year in the upcoming issue of Vanity Fair Italy.
Watson tells the mag, “Those who criticized her are the same people that think that being rich and famous is like being covered in some kind of magic powder that makes life perfect: Nothing can go wrong in your wonderful world.”
“For these people, Kristen deserves all the bad things that have been thrown at her because she had an amazing life and she ruined it,” she adds.
Watson goes on to says, “I thought that the media picked on her in a very horrible way. Kristen is human, just like everybody else, and she’s so young.”
The Perks of Being A Wallflower actress continued, “Everyone makes mistakes, everyone. It’s not fair to consider them matters of public interest,” explaining, “On one hand, I can understand why it happened: people felt really involved in her relationship with Robert Pattinson.”
“But it’s also true that they both have done everything in their power to keep their relationship as far from the public eye as possible,” observes Watson.
Translation via Beautiful Ballad.
What do you think of Watson sticking up for Stewart?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents