Emma Watson Birthday: Read Her 5 Most Inspirational Quotes
It’s Emma Watson’s birthday on Friday, and to celebrate her turning 26, Gossip Cop takes a look back at some of the actress’s most inspirational quotes. Check out Watson’s best quotes below!
(1) During an interview with the gender equality program HeForShe, which she founded, on International Women’s Day 2015, the Harry Potter star shared a succinct, but important, thought on bravery. “Don’t let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do, or cannot achieve. Do not allow it,” she said.
(2) In an chat with Global Grind in 2011, Watson spoke eloquently about the expectations about being a girl, and how to rebel against it.”I feel like young girls are told this whole idea that they have to be this kind of princess and be all delicate and fragile and that’s bullsh*t. I identify much more with the idea of being a warrior and being a fighter,” the actress explained. She went on, “I’m constantly doing things that are new so that takes bravery I guess, but I think it’s just have faith in yourself and believe in yourself.”
(3) Watson spoke to the Evening Standard in 2015 about embracing her good and her bad. “It sounds like a ridiculous thing to say, but I’m very interested in truth. In finding ways to be messy and unsure and flawed and incredible and great and my fullest self, all wrapped into one,” she said.
(4) The actress, who also serves as a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador, spoke at a UN Women event in 2014 about bringing men and women together to support gender equality. “If we stop defining each other by what we are not and start defining ourselves by what we are, we can all be freer,” she said during the speech. Watson then asked men to step up in the fight for women’s freedom. “I want men to take up this mantle, so their daughters, sisters and mothers can be free from prejudice, but also so that their sons have permission to be vulnerable and human too… reclaim those parts of themselves they abandoned and, in doing so, be a more true and complete version of themselves,” she continued.
(5) During her 2015 Evening Standard interview, Watson also spoke out about how ridiculous fashion can be. “I want to feel fabulous and comfortable and sexy and strong and beautiful. And if it’s making you uncomfortable, don’t do it. It’s so sad if you need to go home just because you need to sit down! Moving forward, I’m prioritizing just feeling awesome,” the star said.
Gossip Cop wishes Watson a happy birthday, and is looking forward to many more years of great quotes from the actress!