Emma Stone Strips to Bra For W Mag Cover
11:29 am, January 18th, 2013PHOTOS
Emma Stone is featured (in a bra) on the cover of W magazine’s February “Best Performances” Issue, and the Gangster Squad actress talks Oscars, comedy, and more in the accompanying article.
Asked whether she finds it hard not to be funny, even in dramatic roles, Stone says, “In real life, sometimes it’s uncomfortable for me not to go for the joke.”
“I’ve been looking at that in myself lately,” she continues. “Often, joking for me is a way of diffusing the awkwardness of a situation, so it’s kind of exhilarating to be a part of projects where there’s nothing funny or lighthearted.”
At last year’s Academy Awards, Stone presented an honor with Ben Stiller, deliberately playing up her enthusiasm on stage as a humorous contrast with Stiller’s veteran calm.
She says, “A lot of people thought it was something else: When I came offstage, they were saying, “You were so drunk!” And I wasn’t. Not until after.”
Does Stone like the Oscars?
The star tells W, “At first, when you go to premieres and award shows, you’re thinking, How the hell am I here? All these people I’ve never met are here, and it’s so cool!”
But Stone says she’s gotten more used to the big stage.
“As time goes on, it’s a little bit like, Ah…it’s more like work,” explains the actress. “There are only a couple of events where I’ve truly felt, That was an awesome night — and the Oscars was one of them.”
Check out PHOTOS from Stone’s W shoot below — and see more from her interview here!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?
- 20 Sexiest 'Where are they Now?" Girls
- 29 Celebrities With Porn Star Doppelgangers
- Michael Weatherly and Wife Welcome Baby No. 2!
- Why Lindsay Lohan Is Suing Grand Theft Auto
- Paulina Gretzky and Dustin Johnson Make it Official