Eminem Opens Up About Drug Addiction: “My Bottom Was Gonna Be Death”
4:57 pm, June 27th, 2013
Eminem opens up about his addiction to prescription pills in the new documentary How To Make Money Selling Drugs.
“When I took my first Vicodin, it was like this feeling of ‘Ahh.’ Like everything was not only mellow, but [I] didn’t feel any pain,” recalls the rapper.
But things got out of control.
He explains, “I don’t know at what point exactly it started to be a problem. I just remember liking it more and more. People tried to tell me that I had a problem.”
“I would say ‘Get that f**king person outta here,’” says Eminem. “I can’t believe they said that sh*t to me. I’m not out there shooting heroin. I’m not f**king out there putting coke up my nose. I’m not smoking crack.”
The music icon began to use even more drugs.
“Xanax, Valium… it’s same thing,” he says now. “F**k it, take it.”
Eminem was ultimately hospitalized, and found himself near death.
He reflects, “Had I got to the hospital about two hours later, I would have died. My organs were shutting down. My liver, kidneys, everything. They were gonna have to put me on dialysis. They didn’t think I was gonna make it. My bottom was gonna be death.”
After a relapse, Eminem eventually kicked the habit through detox, restarting his life.
He says, “I had to regain motor skills, I had to regain talking skills. It’s been a learning process, I’m growing. I couldn’t believe that anybody could be naturally happy without being on something. So I would say to anybody, ‘It does get better.’”
How To Make Money Selling Drugs, from director Matthew Cooke, a candid look at drug dealing in America today, also features 50 Cent, Susan Sarandon, Woody Harrelson, Russell Simmons, and “The Wire” creator David Simon.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills
- Tom and Gisele Cheer on The Boston Marathon
- Drake's Weird Priority While Sitting Courtside at Game 2