CLAIM: Eminem Has Become “Born Again Christian”
3:02 pm, January 4th, 2013
“BREAKING NEWS: Rapper Eminem Has Become A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN!!” announces a headline from MediaTakeOut, which is still struggling to unlock its caps key.
Picking up on a report from the Christian Post, the blog says Eminem has “turned his life over to Christ,” and is “building a relationship with God and using that to help him spiritually, and with his addiction problems.”
The webloid then quotes a supposed “source” who allegedly “witnessed the Detroit rapper’s transformation firsthand.”
According to the purported “insider,” Eminem has removed himself “from the depths of the music industry,” and will “no longer be conforming to what the business expects of him.”
The report then cites the rapper’s 1996 track “It’s OK,” in which he sings, “But in the midst of this insanity, I’ve found my Christianity through God and there’s a wish he granted me.”
So we’re supposed to believe that Eminem is essentially giving up his music career for religion, based on vague statements from an anonymous “source,” coupled with the fact that he once — many years ago — mentioned Christianity in a song?
Gossip Cop had serious doubts about this tale, so we checked in with a rep for Eminem, who tells us it’s absolutely “untrue” that the rapper has become a Born Again Christian.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?