One Direction Fan Fiction Loving the Band, By 16-Year-Old Author, Becoming Book
4:32 pm, October 8th, 2012
A British teen has landed a deal with Penguin to publish her One Direction fan fiction about a girl in a love triangle with two members of a pop group based on the boy band.
16-year-old Emily Baker’s “Loving the Band” has enjoyed huge popularity on Moveallas, the online youth writing community where it was first published, drawing the attention of a Penguin editor.
Now her fanfic is going legit — although the names will be changed so as to avoid copyright issues.
“We at Penguin’s Children’s are delighted to be publishing ‘Loving the Band,’” announced editor Lindsey Heaven in a press release. “Emily’s novel is fresh, romantic, current and completely taps into today’s pop culture.”
She adds, “Her love of a certain boy band is heartfelt and her passion feeds into every bit of her writing.”
Baker’s book will debut in an electronic format on November 1.
Speaking with the Daily Mail, the author described her work as a “typical girl-meets-boy love story, except it’s girl-meets-band.”
“It’s about a girl who lives in Scotland and comes down to London to visit her best friend,” explains Baker. “When she gets there she bumps into a boy band and hangs out with them, and eventually she finds out two of them — Shaq and Reily — have fallen for her.”
While it’s unlikely that Baker will achieve the same success as E L James — whose massive hit “50 Shades of Grey” series has its origins as Twilight fan fiction — it’s obvious that publishers are beginning to look at passionate fans as potential best-selling authors.
Are you curious to read “Loving the Band”?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Khaki And Casual Combat Style With Demi Lovato
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Most Influential Celebrities Of The Year
- What Does Ariana Grande's Tattoo Mean To Her?
- Kim Kardashian's Best Pregnancy Looks