Elton John and David Furnish Welcome Second Son Elijah Joseph Daniel!
9:20 pm, January 15th, 2013
Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John was born via surrogate in Los Angeles at 6:40 p.m. on Friday, weighing 8 pounds and 4 ounces.
The newborn joins older brother Zachary, who turned 2 on Christmas Day.
The couple says in a statement to Hello!, “Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable. The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. ”
“It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement,” the parents add.
Last Thursday, amidst widespread reports claiming the couple’s new baby had already arrived, Gossip Cop exclusively reported that the surrogate had not yet given birth.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents