Justin Timberlake and Elton John ‘Idol’ Rumor Gets the Ax
1:10 pm, July 27th, 2010
Here’s a shocker: HollywoodLife saw big names in a rumor and printed it without checking for accuracy.
“Fox executives have been in talks to replace the current ["American Idol"] judges with superstars like Elton John and Justin Timberlake,” writes the site, sourcing very speculative reports that suggested John and Timberlake could be in the mix to replace Simon Cowell.
As both potential hires would “cost a fortune,” continues HollywoodLife, Fox has supposedly considered dumping the entire current panel to accommodate a new dream team.
Tricky financial gymnastics are what’s “stopping this major Idol shakeup,” concludes the site.
Gossip Cop would like to point out at least one more small problem:
Neither Elton John nor Justin Timberlake has any interest in joining the show.
As for Timberlake, a source connected to the pop megastar tells Gossip Cop it’s a “no go,” as he’s too busy with films and his own music career.
Sigh. HollywoodLife is (again) even more off-key than the dregs of the “Idol” audition round.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look