Justin Timberlake and Elton John ‘Idol’ Rumor Gets the Ax
1:10 pm, July 27th, 2010
Here’s a shocker: HollywoodLife saw big names in a rumor and printed it without checking for accuracy.
“Fox executives have been in talks to replace the current ["American Idol"] judges with superstars like Elton John and Justin Timberlake,” writes the site, sourcing very speculative reports that suggested John and Timberlake could be in the mix to replace Simon Cowell.
As both potential hires would “cost a fortune,” continues HollywoodLife, Fox has supposedly considered dumping the entire current panel to accommodate a new dream team.
Tricky financial gymnastics are what’s “stopping this major Idol shakeup,” concludes the site.
Gossip Cop would like to point out at least one more small problem:
Neither Elton John nor Justin Timberlake has any interest in joining the show.
As for Timberlake, a source connected to the pop megastar tells Gossip Cop it’s a “no go,” as he’s too busy with films and his own music career.
Sigh. HollywoodLife is (again) even more off-key than the dregs of the “Idol” audition round.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents