Elton John: “I Could Have Ended Up Like Whitney Houston”
4:03 pm, March 29th, 2012VIDEO
Sitting down with E! interviewer David Burtka, the music legend speaks candidly about being bullied – after becoming a star.
“I was the perfect candidate for it. Even though I was famous and a big deal, it doesn’t matter, it’s who you are underneath that, and I was always kind of shy and intimidated,” explains John.
He says of his bullies, “One was violent and the other two were mentally violent. They were very important people in my life. They were important people in my career and in my personal life.”
Discussing his family with David Furnish and their son Zachary, John says he wouldn’t even have them had he not gone sober in 1990.
It’s a “miracle” he didn’t wind up like Houston, he says, “because I’m sure I did as much cocaine as she ever did.”
Check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95