Elmore Leonard, Get Shorty Writer, Dead at 87 From Stroke
9:46 am, August 20th, 2013
Elmore Leonard, the writer behind Get Shorty, 3:10 to Yuma and the popular TV show “Justified,” has died after suffering complications due to a stroke.
He was 87.
Leonard’s researcher announced the sad news on Facebook on Monday, saying, “Elmore passed away at 7:15 this morning from complications from his stroke. He was at home surrounded by his loving family. More to follow.”
Dozens of the writer’s works have been made into movies or TV shows, such as Out of Sight, Be Cool and Jackie Brown.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet