Ellen Pompeo Blasts Emmys As “Dated” and Disappointing
2:32 pm, September 23rd, 2013
Ellen Pompeo was not a fan of Sunday’s Emmy Awards.
The “Grey’s Anatomy” star says she was “really disappointed” in the broadcast.
“I didn’t see any diversity in the Emmys at all. The Emmys felt so dated to me,” Pompeo is quoted by the Associated Press as saying on Monday.
She adds, “That dance number was embarrassing. Did you see one person of color in that dance number?”
By contrast, says the actress, “Grey’s Anatomy” is a more accurate reflection of the world.
“I’m extremely proud of our very, very diverse cast which represents the world that I walk around in every day,” explains Pompeo.
What do you think about her comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties