Ellen DeGeneres Monologue Speech On Boy Scouts Gay Ban (VIDEO)
9:56 am, February 9th, 2013VIDEO
Ellen DeGeneres spoke about the continuing controversy over whether the Boy Scouts should include openly gay members with a funny, heartfelt monologue on her show.
The organization decided this week to delay its decision on lifting the ban, prompting DeGeneres to address the matter with some jokes and a very sincere message.
“I think what the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts are trying to teach is important,” said the host. “They’re trying to teach kids to be leaders. And the more that we teach people how to accept people for who they are, the more self-confident they’ll be, and the better leaders they’ll become.”
Check out the video below and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents