Elizabeth Edwards Dies at 61
5:09 pm, December 7th, 2010BREAKING!
Elizabeth Edwards has died.
She was 61.
Edwards had endured a long battle with breast cancer.
Several months ago, she’d announced plans to divorce her husband, former presidential candidate John Edwards.
Her family has released this statement:
“Today we have lost the comfort of Elizabeth’s presence but she remains the heart of this family. We love her and will never know anyone more inspiring or full of life.”
“On behalf of Elizabeth we want to express our gratitude to the thousands of kindred spirits who moved and inspired her along the way. Your support and prayers touched our entire family.”
Shortly before her death, Edwards posted a message on her Facebook page.
“The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren’t able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It’s called being human.”
“But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that, I am grateful.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution