Elizabeth Banks is a New Mom!
3:11 pm, March 30th, 2011
The actress just made the announcement on Twitter, revealing that she and Handelman have welcomed a baby boy named Felix, who was born via surrogate.
“The one true hurdle I’ve faced in life is that I have a broken belly,” wrote Banks on her personal blog. “After years of trying to get pregnant, exploring the range of fertility treatments, all unsuccessful, our journey led us to gestational surrogacy.”
“From that came two miracles,” she continued.
“The first was meeting our carrier and her husband who were truly humbling in their decency and generosity. And the second miracle was the birth of our baby boy, Felix Handelman.”
“We have maintained a great deal of privacy throughout this process, and hope to continue to honor Felix’s privacy going forward. Thanks to all our friends, family, and fans for your support. If you need me, I’ll be changing dirty diapers and trying to get some sleep.”
Congratulations to the new mom and dad!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable