Elizabeth Banks is a New Mom!
3:11 pm, March 30th, 2011
The actress just made the announcement on Twitter, revealing that she and Handelman have welcomed a baby boy named Felix, who was born via surrogate.
“The one true hurdle I’ve faced in life is that I have a broken belly,” wrote Banks on her personal blog. “After years of trying to get pregnant, exploring the range of fertility treatments, all unsuccessful, our journey led us to gestational surrogacy.”
“From that came two miracles,” she continued.
“The first was meeting our carrier and her husband who were truly humbling in their decency and generosity. And the second miracle was the birth of our baby boy, Felix Handelman.”
“We have maintained a great deal of privacy throughout this process, and hope to continue to honor Felix’s privacy going forward. Thanks to all our friends, family, and fans for your support. If you need me, I’ll be changing dirty diapers and trying to get some sleep.”
Congratulations to the new mom and dad!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills