Fifty Shades of Grey Author E.L. James on Today Show: “This Is My Midlife Crisis”
10:09 am, April 17th, 2012VIDEO
Author E.L. James has mostly stayed out of the public eye, but she appeared on Tuesday’s “Today Show” to talk about her stunning, out-of-nowhere literary success.
“This is my midlife crisis, writ large,” explains James. “All my fantasies out there.”
Asked if there’s anything “revolutionary” about “Fifty Shades of Grey,” James laughs and says, “Absolutely not.”
She describes being “obsessed” with writing the material for two years but “stunned” by its enormous popularity.
As for the appeal of the dominant-submissive sexual relationship outlined in the pages of “Grey,” James says, “Once you’re in charge of your job, your house, your children, getting the food on the table, doing all of this, all of the time… it’d be nice for someone else to be in charge for a bit maybe.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant