Eddie Van Halen Undergoes Emergency Surgery; Band Postpones Tour Dates
12:16 pm, August 30th, 2012
Eddie Van Halen has undergone emergency surgery for diverticulitis, leading the band Van Halen to postpone tour dates.
The group posted a statement to its website explaining Van Halen had to be treated for a “severe bout” of the intestinal condition, and that a “full recovery is expected within 4-6 months.”
“Van Halen’s scheduled November 2012 tour of Japan is currently being rescheduled and the band looks forward to seeing and playing for their fans in 2013,” continues the statement.
Diverticulitis involves the inflammation of pouches on the outside of the colon, leading to intense pain and other symptoms.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths