Eddie Van Halen Undergoes Emergency Surgery; Band Postpones Tour Dates
12:16 pm, August 30th, 2012
Eddie Van Halen has undergone emergency surgery for diverticulitis, leading the band Van Halen to postpone tour dates.
The group posted a statement to its website explaining Van Halen had to be treated for a “severe bout” of the intestinal condition, and that a “full recovery is expected within 4-6 months.”
“Van Halen’s scheduled November 2012 tour of Japan is currently being rescheduled and the band looks forward to seeing and playing for their fans in 2013,” continues the statement.
Diverticulitis involves the inflammation of pouches on the outside of the colon, leading to intense pain and other symptoms.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired