Eddie Van Halen Undergoes Emergency Surgery; Band Postpones Tour Dates
12:16 pm, August 30th, 2012
Eddie Van Halen has undergone emergency surgery for diverticulitis, leading the band Van Halen to postpone tour dates.
The group posted a statement to its website explaining Van Halen had to be treated for a “severe bout” of the intestinal condition, and that a “full recovery is expected within 4-6 months.”
“Van Halen’s scheduled November 2012 tour of Japan is currently being rescheduled and the band looks forward to seeing and playing for their fans in 2013,” continues the statement.
Diverticulitis involves the inflammation of pouches on the outside of the colon, leading to intense pain and other symptoms.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable