“People Aspire To Be” The Kardashians, Says President of E!
7:52 pm, December 29th, 2011
What’s the key to the Kardashian shows’ success?
According to E! president Suzanne Kolb, it’s because viewers are enamored with the infamous clan.
“People aspire to be them or to befriend them,” says network’s head honcho.
Kolb, who describes the Kardashians as “an incredibly bonded, loving, large family who live an incredibly large life,” explains that shows like “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” aren’t all that different from TV programs of years past.
“If you actually look at the history of television, there’s a pretty large number of families with that blend resonating with viewers,” Kolb tells The Wrap. “This just happens to be the first reality show that does it.”
Kolb, however, does acknowledge that not everyone loves “Kourtney and Kim Take New York” and the like.
She just doesn’t plan on changing E!’s programming because of it, despite a recent petition asking the network to cancel all its Kardashian-related programming.
“We take every viewer comment seriously, but no,” says Kolb. “We did not consider not to be in business with the Kardashians.”
In fact, the network recently revealed it hopes to add “two, three, even four new” spinoffs.
What do you think of Kolb’s comments?
Like us on Facebook!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet