Dylan McDermott’s Mother’s Death Ruled Murder
9:58 am, June 25th, 2012
Dylan McDermott’s mother’s 1967 death has been ruled a murder.
A police investigation reopened more than 40 years after Diane McDermott died from a gunshot (originally ruled an accident) has concluded that she was, in fact, killed by her boyfriend, the gangster John Sponza.
The younger McDermott was five years old at the time.
Cops in Waterbury, Connecticut now say they have sufficient evidence against Sponza for the death.
Sponza himself was killed in 1972.
McDermott, known for roles on “The Practice” and “American Horror Story,” took to Twitter Monday to thank his fans “for their amazing support today.”
“It means so much to me,” he continued. “It’s been a long, hard journey that ended in victory.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Who Called Miley "This Generations Madonna?"
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Jack McBrayer Talks Life After "30 Rock"
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?