Duck Dynasty Should Be Canceled, Says PETA — See Statement Here
8:40 pm, December 19th, 2013
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the duck hunter has been suspended from the A&E series after telling GQ he believes being gay is a “sin,” and compared it to bestiality.
On Thursday, in a statement provided to Gossip Cop, PETA says it “wants A&E to do more than suspend one of the characters on ’Duck Dynasty’ for damning gays.”
“We call on the channel to challenge the entire crew of duck slayers to ignore Sarah Palin’s self-serving slap on the back for spewing hate speech and deny that they are as anti-gay as they are anti-animal. All people who consider themselves followers of Christ should follow all His teachings—and that includes showing mercy, compassion, and kindness to all of God’s creation, human and nonhuman alike. What’s ‘sinful’ is hating people and animals. PETA asks everyone who consider themselves to be Christian to reject hate speech and call for this show’s cancellation.”
The show, however, is not without its supporters.
A number of conservative pundits have defended Robertson and his remarks, while fans have started a “IStandWithPhil” petition to get him back on the show.
What do you think of the growing controversy?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court