Drake Facing Arrest for Chris Brown Fight?
11:59 am, June 16th, 2012
The New York Post sparked the speculation by reporting that the rapper “is expected to be charged with reckless endangerment” for allegedly throwing a bottle at Brown during the melee.
According to the paper’s “sources,” police could arrest Drake “during tonight’s concert at Jones Beach.”
However, that does NOT appear to be the case.
The supposed arrest is tied to a single witness’ unconfirmed account of Drake throwing a bottle that didn’t hit anyone, and Gossip Cop has not been able to corroborate independently the report of police planning to bust Drake.
TMZ cites law enforcement sources as saying the police have “no suspects, complaints or arrest warrants at this time,” and that there are NO plans to arrest Drake on Saturday.
As Gossip Cop has reported, Brown’s camp has blasted the story — seen in the Post and elsewhere — that the fight was instigated by Brown sending Drake a champagne bottle, only to get a nasty note about Rihanna in return.
No one has been arrested yet for any role in the Drake-Brown fracas, although W.i.P. club owner Jonathan Cantor was busted on Friday on outstanding warrants for previous violations.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Rare Beastie Boys Interview Reveals Surprising Maturity
- Vinny Guadagnino: My Mom Is a Star
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Scandalous Dancing With the Stars' Hookups