Dr. Laura Schlessinger Ending Her Radio Show
9:48 pm, August 17th, 2010BREAKING!
Dr. Laura Schlessinger is ending her enormously popular syndicated radio show.
She made the announcement on “Larry King Live” on Tuesday night.
“My contract is up for my radio show at the end of the year and I’ve made the decision not to do radio anymore,” she told King.
“The reason is I want to regain my First Amendment rights. I want to be able to say what’s on my mind and in my heart and what I think is helpful and useful without somebody getting angry, some special interest group deciding this is the time to silence a voice of dissent and attack affiliates, attack sponsors.”
Last week, Schlessinger angered many listeners by using the N-word 11 times in five minutes in a misguided attempt, she claims, to make a larger point. She apologized the next day.
Schlessinger says she still intends to write books and schedule public speaking engagements.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Jack McBrayer Talks Life After "30 Rock"
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?