Donna Summer Dies at 63
11:44 am, May 17th, 2012
Donna Summer has died, Gossip Cop confirms.
She was 63 and had battled cancer.
The music legend helped define the disco era with such hits as “Last Dance,” “Hot Stuff,” and “Bad Girls.”
She is survived by her husband Bruce Sudano and their two daughters, along with a third daughter from a previous marriage.
In a statement, the singer’s family says, “Early this morning, we lost Donna Summer Sudano, a woman of many gifts, the greatest being her faith.”
The family continues, “While we grieve her passing, we are at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and her continued legacy. Words truly can’t express how much we appreciate your prayers and love for our family at this sensitive time.”
Summer’s family requests that in lieu of flowers, donations can be made in the singer’s honor to the Salvation Army.
Born LaDonna Adrian Gaines, Summer was a five-time Grammy Award winner.
Check out a classic performance of “Last Dance” below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Christian Bale & Woody Harrelson Share The Screen
- Is Ariana Grande's Stiletto Heel Look Too Sexy?
- Ethan Hawke Is Okay With Cheating
- The Ultimate Taylor Swift Pic Collection