Donald Trump Wins $5 Million Legal Victory Against Ex-Miss USA Contestant
10:55 am, December 18th, 2012
In June, Trump’s Miss Universe Organization sued Monnin for defamation after she alleged that the top five pageant finishers were selected before the show even began.
Now, a former judge — acting an an arbitrator — has ruled that the beauty queen did in fact defame the organization, and awarded it $5 million in damages.
Trump released a statement saying, “We cannot allow a disgruntled contestant to make false and reckless statements which are damaging to the many people who have devoted their hearts and souls to the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageant systems.”
The mogul added, “While I feel very badly for Sheena, she did the wrong thing. She was really nasty, and we had no choice. It is an expensive lesson for her.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents