Donald Trump Wins $5 Million Legal Victory Against Ex-Miss USA Contestant
10:55 am, December 18th, 2012
In June, Trump’s Miss Universe Organization sued Monnin for defamation after she alleged that the top five pageant finishers were selected before the show even began.
Now, a former judge — acting an an arbitrator — has ruled that the beauty queen did in fact defame the organization, and awarded it $5 million in damages.
Trump released a statement saying, “We cannot allow a disgruntled contestant to make false and reckless statements which are damaging to the many people who have devoted their hearts and souls to the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageant systems.”
The mogul added, “While I feel very badly for Sheena, she did the wrong thing. She was really nasty, and we had no choice. It is an expensive lesson for her.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting