Donald Trump Wins $5 Million Legal Victory Against Ex-Miss USA Contestant
10:55 am, December 18th, 2012
In June, Trump’s Miss Universe Organization sued Monnin for defamation after she alleged that the top five pageant finishers were selected before the show even began.
Now, a former judge — acting an an arbitrator — has ruled that the beauty queen did in fact defame the organization, and awarded it $5 million in damages.
Trump released a statement saying, “We cannot allow a disgruntled contestant to make false and reckless statements which are damaging to the many people who have devoted their hearts and souls to the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageant systems.”
The mogul added, “While I feel very badly for Sheena, she did the wrong thing. She was really nasty, and we had no choice. It is an expensive lesson for her.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Short Fashionistas Who Style Their Body Right