Donald Trump Has Offered to Buy Out “Ground Zero Mosque” Investor
5:39 pm, September 9th, 2010BREAKING!
Donald Trump has offered to buy out a major investor behind the controversial Islamic center and mosque slated to be built near the former site of the World Trade Center in New York.
Trump informed Hisham Elzanaty that he’d be willing to pay 25% more than what Elzanaty paid for his stake in the project, so that the mosque is built occur at least five blocks farther away from Ground Zero.
Currently, the so-called “Ground Zero mosque” is to be built two blocks north of the site.
The real estate mogul made his proposal public on Thursday.
“I am making this offer as a resident of New York and citizen of the United States, not because I think the location is a spectacular one (because it is not), but because it will end a very serious, inflammatory and highly divisive situation that is destined, in my opinion, to only get worse,” said Trump.
The planned construction has created a firestorm of debate over whether it should be permitted in the vicinity of where the World Trade Center once stood.
What do you think of Trump’s proposal?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss