Dolly Parton Returns to Film, Stars with Queen Latifah
10:56 am, August 21st, 2010
A country icon and a hip hop veteran are teaming up to make Joyful Noise.
Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah are set to star in the movie, which focuses on two women who try to keep a small-town gospel choir from shutting down. Latifah will play a mother who replaces the choir’s director after his death, while Parton has the role of the director’s widow — who also wants to lead the group.
It marks Parton’s first major starring role since Straight Talk in 1992.
Joyful Noise will be written and directed by Todd Graff, whose background includes music-based features Camp and Bandslam.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Celebrity Dog Choices That Surprised Us
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting