Dolly Parton Returns to Film, Stars with Queen Latifah
10:56 am, August 21st, 2010
A country icon and a hip hop veteran are teaming up to make Joyful Noise.
Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah are set to star in the movie, which focuses on two women who try to keep a small-town gospel choir from shutting down. Latifah will play a mother who replaces the choir’s director after his death, while Parton has the role of the director’s widow — who also wants to lead the group.
It marks Parton’s first major starring role since Straight Talk in 1992.
Joyful Noise will be written and directed by Todd Graff, whose background includes music-based features Camp and Bandslam.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank