Dolly Parton Returns to Film, Stars with Queen Latifah
10:56 am, August 21st, 2010
A country icon and a hip hop veteran are teaming up to make Joyful Noise.
Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah are set to star in the movie, which focuses on two women who try to keep a small-town gospel choir from shutting down. Latifah will play a mother who replaces the choir’s director after his death, while Parton has the role of the director’s widow — who also wants to lead the group.
It marks Parton’s first major starring role since Straight Talk in 1992.
Joyful Noise will be written and directed by Todd Graff, whose background includes music-based features Camp and Bandslam.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting