Dolly Parton Defends Miley Cyrus: She’s “Just Trying to Find Her Own Place”
10:24 am, November 4th, 2013
The country music legend, who recently joked about twerking and her “wrecking balls” during a “Queen Latifah Show” rap, tells the London Evening Standard that the controversial Cyrus is “just trying to find her own place.”
“I’ve loved her through the years and watched her grow up, and I’ve seen how smart she is and how talented she is,” Parton says of Cyrus.
She adds, “I don’t think people really realize yet what a great singer and writer she really is.”
The older performer says she doesn’t give Cyrus direct professional advice.
“She’s just trying to find her own place and wings and learn to fly,” says Parton. “If she needs my opinion on something I will surely give it and there have been times we’ve talked.”
Parton trusts Cyrus’ instincts.
She explains, “I know that she has thought this all through. We’ll let her go and do her own thing.”
“It’s not easy being young. It’s hard to know what to do,” says Parton. “You’ve almost got to sacrifice your damn soul just to get anything done.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin