DMX Drug Overdose: Rapper Hospitalized After Collapsing Unconscious
DMX was rushed to the hospital on Monday after allegedly suffering a drug overdose in Yonkers, New York.
The rapper’s camp initially claimed he collapsed due to an asthma attack when his inhaler could not be found. Police sources, however, now believe DMX’s medical incident was the result of ingesting a narcotic substance. When cops arrived to the scene, he was found unconscious in a Ramada Inn parking lot, apparently not breathing and without a pulse.
According to TMZ, police administered CPR and gave DMX Narcan, a nasal spray that serves as an antidote to opioid drugs. With those two life-saving measures, his pulse reportedly returned and he became semi-conscious. His current status is unclear, though the site says he is now in stable condition.
It’s unknown what drugs DMX may have taken, but one witness reportedly claims DMX was seen ingesting a powder before falling unconscious and collapsing. It also isn’t clear why the rap star was at the hotel. The health emergency comes less than six months after DMX was released from a Buffalo jail after serving time for unpaid child support.
DMX’s career has taken a backseat over the last few years due to various run-ins with the law, and he has legal issues dating back to the late 1990s. He previously sought rehab treatment in the early 2000s. DMX is pictured above on January 31. Gossip Cop sincerely wishes the rapper a speedy recovery.