Django Unchained Premiere Canceled Due to Connecticut Shooting
8:05 pm, December 17th, 2012
The L.A. premiere for Django Unchained, directed by Quentin Tarantino and starring Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio and others, has been canceled because of the shooting massacre in Connecticut, the Weinstein Company announced on Monday.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the tragedy in Newtown, CT,” said the Weinstein Company, adding that “in this time of national mourning we have decided to forgo” the premiere that was slated for Tuesday.
The film company noted it would instead hold ”a private screening for the cast and crew and their friends and families.”
Last week, the premiere for the Tom Cruise film, Jack Reacher, had been postponed because of the tragedy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook.
You might like:
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids