Django Unchained Premiere Canceled Due to Connecticut Shooting
8:05 pm, December 17th, 2012
The L.A. premiere for Django Unchained, directed by Quentin Tarantino and starring Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio and others, has been canceled because of the shooting massacre in Connecticut, the Weinstein Company announced on Monday.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the tragedy in Newtown, CT,” said the Weinstein Company, adding that “in this time of national mourning we have decided to forgo” the premiere that was slated for Tuesday.
The film company noted it would instead hold ”a private screening for the cast and crew and their friends and families.”
Last week, the premiere for the Tom Cruise film, Jack Reacher, had been postponed because of the tragedy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook.
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!