Django Unchained Premiere Canceled Due to Connecticut Shooting
8:05 pm, December 17th, 2012
The L.A. premiere for Django Unchained, directed by Quentin Tarantino and starring Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio and others, has been canceled because of the shooting massacre in Connecticut, the Weinstein Company announced on Monday.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the tragedy in Newtown, CT,” said the Weinstein Company, adding that “in this time of national mourning we have decided to forgo” the premiere that was slated for Tuesday.
The film company noted it would instead hold ”a private screening for the cast and crew and their friends and families.”
Last week, the premiere for the Tom Cruise film, Jack Reacher, had been postponed because of the tragedy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook.
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z