Hobbit Wins Box Office; Django Unchained Takes Second, Les Misérables in Third
9:19 am, December 30th, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey looks to have edged out two challengers for the weekend’s top spot at the box office.
Peter Jackson’s latest fantasy epic earned $32.9 million in its third weekend, just enough to beat new release Django Unchained, with a projected $30.7 million in ticket sales.
Les Misérables, in its debut week, took third place with $28 million.
The family comedy Parental Guidance and Tom Cruise’s action-packed Jack Reacher came in fourth and fifth with $14.8 million and $14 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were This Is 40 ($13.2 million), Lincoln ($7.5 million), The Guilt Trip ($6.7 million), the animated re-release Monsters Inc 3D ($6.3 million), and Rise of the Guardians ($4.9 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- 30 Scientologists You'll Probably Recognize
- Is Blake Lively Trying To Revive Her Career?
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- Gisele Bundchen's Glam Breastfeeding Photo
- Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick's Crazy College Party
- Did Kendall Jenner Have Plastic Surgery?
- Where Did Jim Carrey Get His Comedic Roots?
- Leonor Varela's Edgy Hairstyle
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young