Hobbit Wins Box Office; Django Unchained Takes Second, Les Misérables in Third
9:19 am, December 30th, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey looks to have edged out two challengers for the weekend’s top spot at the box office.
Peter Jackson’s latest fantasy epic earned $32.9 million in its third weekend, just enough to beat new release Django Unchained, with a projected $30.7 million in ticket sales.
Les Misérables, in its debut week, took third place with $28 million.
The family comedy Parental Guidance and Tom Cruise’s action-packed Jack Reacher came in fourth and fifth with $14.8 million and $14 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were This Is 40 ($13.2 million), Lincoln ($7.5 million), The Guilt Trip ($6.7 million), the animated re-release Monsters Inc 3D ($6.3 million), and Rise of the Guardians ($4.9 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable