Hobbit Wins Box Office; Django Unchained Takes Second, Les Misérables in Third
9:19 am, December 30th, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey looks to have edged out two challengers for the weekend’s top spot at the box office.
Peter Jackson’s latest fantasy epic earned $32.9 million in its third weekend, just enough to beat new release Django Unchained, with a projected $30.7 million in ticket sales.
Les Misérables, in its debut week, took third place with $28 million.
The family comedy Parental Guidance and Tom Cruise’s action-packed Jack Reacher came in fourth and fifth with $14.8 million and $14 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were This Is 40 ($13.2 million), Lincoln ($7.5 million), The Guilt Trip ($6.7 million), the animated re-release Monsters Inc 3D ($6.3 million), and Rise of the Guardians ($4.9 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank