Disney Channel Introduces First Lesbian Couple On Good Luck Charlie (VIDEO)
11:37 am, January 28th, 2014VIDEO
The Disney Channel introduced its first-ever lesbian couple on the show “Good Luck Charlie” this week.
In the episode, parents Amy and Bob Duncan learn that their daughter Charlie’s friend has two moms when they arrange a play date for the kids.
A spokesperson for the network said the episode was “developed to be relevant to kids and families around the world and to reflect themes of diversity and inclusiveness.”
The organization posted on its website, “Just because something may be legal or because some are choosing a lifestyle doesn’t make it morally correct. Disney should stick to entertaining instead of pushing an agenda. Disney decided to be politically correct versus providing family-friendly programming.”
“Families tuning in to watch a children’s network may encounter a premature discussion on sexual orientation that is completely uncalled for,” added the group.
Check out video from the episode below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin