Dina Lohan: I Might Not Put Lindsay in Show Business If I Had To Do It Over Again
3:06 pm, September 22nd, 2012
Specifically, the Lohan matriarch questions the decision to have her Lindsay pursue showbiz at such a young age.
“I was born into the business,” Dina tells the New York Daily News. “My mother was an entertainer. It was natural. But yes, in the next life, I might not do it.”
But Lohan says child stardom does not excuse her daughter’s recent troubles.
She says, “I’m certainly not making excuses for Lindsay’s behavior. But she’s a 26-year-old woman.”
The elder Lohan claims she and her famous offspring no longer club together, as they infamously have in the past.
“I don’t party with Lindsay,” says Dina. “In the early years, I would go with her to clubs, because I wanted to see who the enablers were.”
Among her daughter’s possible “enablers” now is assistant Gavin Doyle, of whom Dina is suspicious.
“I have questions about Gavin. There have been numerous incidents with Lindsay where he has been present,” says Lohan, referring to some of Lindsay’s recent legal run-ins, and adding, “It’s all very sketchy.”
Earlier this week, it was falsely reported that Lindsay Lohan and Doyle were set to go to rehab together.
As for her decision to serve alcoholic drinks in Lindsay’s presence at her 50th birthday party earlier this month, Dina Lohan explains, “My 80-year-old mother was there, and she’s Italian-American, and to be able to have a glass of red win there for her is normal for our family.”
“Some people who want to quit drinking do it cold turkey and some do it gradually — you want to keep a balance,” she continues. “I don’t know what’s a right way or a wrong way.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Who Called Miley "This Generations Madonna?"
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna