Dick Clark Dead at 82
3:43 pm, April 18th, 2012
Dick Clark has died.
He was 82.
The TV icon suffered a “massive heart attack” on Wednesday morning, his rep confirms.
Clark had suffered a stroke in 2004.
A giant of broadcasting, Clark hosted the legendary “American Bandstand,” decades’ worth of “New Year’s Rockin’ Eve” telecasts and game shows including the “Pyramid” franchise.
Clark also created the American Music Awards and co-hosted the long-running “TV’s Bloopers & Practical Jokes.”
Nicknamed “America’s Oldest Teenager,” Clark is survived by his third wife, Kari Wigton, and three children from previous marriages.
Watch footage from his final New Year’s Eve broadcast below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- An Unforgettable One Direction Game!
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look