Devin Velez Called “Amazing” After Singing Beyoncé Song in Spanish on American Idol
9:21 pm, February 21st, 2013VIDEO
Devin Velez pleasantly surprised the “American Idol” judges on Thursday when he sang part of his performance in Spanish.
Velez was competing in the sudden death round when he suddenly changed languages midway through “Listen” by Beyoncé.
Keith Urban praised Velez for needing nothing more than a stellar vocal to succeed, while Nicki Minaj said she had to “commend” the contestant for showing he was bi-lingual.
“It was a smart choice,” the rapper said, pointing out that it was a great marketing move.
Randy Jackson, who up to this point had been largely unimpressed by the other performances, went even further, saying, “Dude, I love you. I thought it was amazing.”
Added Mariah Carey, “No matter what, I can’t wait to see what a producer does when you get into the studio and make an album.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Why Is James Franco Backing a Fashion Documentary?
- 54 Year Old Madonna No Longer Intriguing
- Teen Choice Awards Nominees Announced
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Nick Lachey Gets Candid About Jessica Simpson