Destiny’s Child Reunion Not Happening, Says Destiny’s Child
5:52 pm, September 1st, 2009
“Bootylicious” buzz shot through the Internet this afternoon with a report that Destiny’s Child would reunite.
News of the World sparked the excitement with a story announcing that “Destiny’s Child have finally confirmed that they’re getting back together.” The source was none other than group member Michelle Williams, whom the paper quoted as supposedly saying, “It will definitely happen. We’re sisters, we love each other and we want to work on the future of Destiny’s Child,” referring to fellow members Beyonce Knowles and Kelly Rowland.
News of the World, of course, has recently given us such gems as the Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens engagement (not true) and gay Sherlock Holmes (not true), so it might make sense to check their reporting, right? Not to Perez “Scoop” Hilton and the others who picked up the story and bolted to their keyboards!
So it came as no surprise when Williams debunked the whole thing on Twitter, explaining, “I never said DC is getting back together. Just bcuz I said we love each other and are sisters….they took that quote and ran with it! Sorry :(“
We’re sorry Williams had to correct a rumor that Hilton and everyone else spread without checking, and even though she cleared things up by Tweeting, as a destination for accurate celebrity news, Gossip Cop thought we’d help by posting here.
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring