Derek Hough and Mark Ballas Slam Dance Moms For “Child Abuse”
12:03 pm, February 23rd, 2012
Both professional dancers went on Twitter rants this week, slamming reality star Abby Lee Miller for how harshly she treats her kid students on the Lifetime show.
Miller is often seeing yelling at the young participants during her televised classes to the point of making the girls burst into tears.
That, say Hough and Ballas, is just unacceptable.
“There’s a difference between being strict and being abusive,” Hough tweeted on Wednesday, adding he believes “in discipline and a strong work ethic.”
“But,” he said, “there is nothing productive about screaming and making little girls cry over being on the wrong foot .”
Hough, who grew up dancing with Ballas, labeled the show “straight up abusive.”
Ballas, who said on Twitter that Miller should be fired, pointed out that “kids are impressionable and I don’t want young children being afraid to take up dance because of this lady.”
“Correct teaching is patience, discipline, confidence building and love,” Ballas added. “She needs a reality check.”
Miller and Lifetime have yet to respond to the allegations.
Watch a clip from “Dance Moms” below and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank