Derek Hough and Mark Ballas Slam Dance Moms For “Child Abuse”
12:03 pm, February 23rd, 2012
Both professional dancers went on Twitter rants this week, slamming reality star Abby Lee Miller for how harshly she treats her kid students on the Lifetime show.
Miller is often seeing yelling at the young participants during her televised classes to the point of making the girls burst into tears.
That, say Hough and Ballas, is just unacceptable.
“There’s a difference between being strict and being abusive,” Hough tweeted on Wednesday, adding he believes “in discipline and a strong work ethic.”
“But,” he said, “there is nothing productive about screaming and making little girls cry over being on the wrong foot .”
Hough, who grew up dancing with Ballas, labeled the show “straight up abusive.”
Ballas, who said on Twitter that Miller should be fired, pointed out that “kids are impressionable and I don’t want young children being afraid to take up dance because of this lady.”
“Correct teaching is patience, discipline, confidence building and love,” Ballas added. “She needs a reality check.”
Miller and Lifetime have yet to respond to the allegations.
Watch a clip from “Dance Moms” below and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Lindsay Lohan Soaks Up Some Florida Sun
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend