WATCH: Denise Weeks, Subway Singer, Slays Whitney Houston Song on X Factor
10:16 pm, September 12th, 2013VIDEO
Denise Weeks brought new life — and emotion — to a classic Whitney Houston song on part two of the “The X Factor” premiere on Wednesday.
The single mom of two college students revealed she sings in the New York City subways for tips, but has never taken any opportunity to further her career, shyly saying she was waiting for “X Factor.”
All that is set to change after Weeks’ acapella rendition of Houston’s “Greatest Love of All.”
“Guess what, ‘The X Factor”s been waiting for you,” Simon Cowell told her after the moving performance.
Kelly Rowland agreed, saying, “We have been waiting on you, period. We’re so happy that you’re here.”
And Demi Lovato predicted, “I feel like one day you’re going to be singing in front of lots and lots of people.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?