Denise Richards: I Regret Boob Job
5:02 pm, October 24th, 2011
Denise Richards says that she regrets enhancing her breasts when she was still a teenager.
In a new iVillage blog entry about the healthy body image she tries to project for her daughters, the actress writes, “At 19 when I first got my breasts done, I wish that I was confident enough with my body to not have had surgery.”
On the subject of plastic surgery, Richards believes, “I honestly feel that it’s whatever makes a person feel good about themselves,” adding that she has no plans to have any additional work done.
Richards has two daughters, Sam and Lola, with ex-husband Charlie Sheen.
Earlier this year, she adopted a baby girl named Eloise.
Richards acknowledges that the realities of show business often seem at odds with her parenting instincts.
“I often times feel like a hypocrite with my daughters when trying to teach them to have a healthy view on beauty and body image,” she explains. “I’m in a business where looks and weight do matter.”
But, she adds, “When I exercise I never say I work out to stay thin – I always use the words healthy and strong. I don’t obsess about wearing makeup when I leave the house or looking a certain way.”
Richards tries not to let her professional commitments affect how her kids see themselves.
“My girls see me at work or getting ready for photo shoots and I’m sure at times it can be a confusing message to them when I’m being primped, dressed and fussed over,” she says. “I always explain it’s Mommy’s job.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- Bodysuit Babe: Perrie Edwards
- Hotties to Notties: Stars Who Lost Their Mojo
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Fred Armisen Gives Heartfelt Farewell To SNL
- Teen Choice Awards Nominees Announced
- Why Is James Franco Backing a Fashion Documentary?