It’s Official: Demi Moore Announces She’s Divorcing Ashton Kutcher (UPDATE)
4:32 pm, November 17th, 2011
She said the decision came with “great sadness and a heavy heart.”
Moore said in a statement: ”It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton.”
Alluded to the scandal, she added, “As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life.”
“This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone going through a similar situation,” concluded the actress.
Kutcher responded on Twitter with the following message: “I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi. Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail. Love and Light, AK”
Moore and Kutcher initially seemed like they were trying to reconcile after the infidelity bombshell, attending Kabbalah services and going on a camping trip, but Moore has now called it quits for good.
The couple met at a group dinner in New York City in 2003, and were married in 2005.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?