It’s Official: Demi Moore Announces She’s Divorcing Ashton Kutcher (UPDATE)
4:32 pm, November 17th, 2011
She said the decision came with “great sadness and a heavy heart.”
Moore said in a statement: ”It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton.”
Alluded to the scandal, she added, “As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life.”
“This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone going through a similar situation,” concluded the actress.
Kutcher responded on Twitter with the following message: “I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi. Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail. Love and Light, AK”
Moore and Kutcher initially seemed like they were trying to reconcile after the infidelity bombshell, attending Kabbalah services and going on a camping trip, but Moore has now called it quits for good.
The couple met at a group dinner in New York City in 2003, and were married in 2005.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails