Demi Lovato: Twerking Needs To “Disappear”
3:32 pm, September 3rd, 2013
Demi Lovato is so sick of hearing about twerking.
After Miley Cyrus’ raunchy VMAs performance blew up the Internet last week, Lovato took to Twitter to complain about the current pop culture topic of conversation.
The “Heart Attack” singer wrote on Tuesday, “Can the world stop talking about twerking please?”
Lovato clarified that she was absolutely not dissing her pal Cyrus, but said she’s just over the trend.
She tweeted, “Btw – no shade thrown.. Don’t even try to start that crap. Haha… the term twerking just needs to disappear like the word swag does too.”
The “X Factor” judge went on to offer, “I just don’t know what happened to the word ‘dancing’…. Can I getta amen?!!”
Harry Styles also recently bashed twerking, saying it’s “inappropriate” and promotes “promiscuity.”
Do you think it’s time to retire “twerking”? Sound off below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand