Demi Lovato: Twerking Needs To “Disappear”
3:32 pm, September 3rd, 2013
Demi Lovato is so sick of hearing about twerking.
After Miley Cyrus’ raunchy VMAs performance blew up the Internet last week, Lovato took to Twitter to complain about the current pop culture topic of conversation.
The “Heart Attack” singer wrote on Tuesday, “Can the world stop talking about twerking please?”
Lovato clarified that she was absolutely not dissing her pal Cyrus, but said she’s just over the trend.
She tweeted, “Btw – no shade thrown.. Don’t even try to start that crap. Haha… the term twerking just needs to disappear like the word swag does too.”
The “X Factor” judge went on to offer, “I just don’t know what happened to the word ‘dancing’…. Can I getta amen?!!”
Harry Styles also recently bashed twerking, saying it’s “inappropriate” and promotes “promiscuity.”
Do you think it’s time to retire “twerking”? Sound off below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?