Demi Lovato: Twerking Needs To “Disappear”
3:32 pm, September 3rd, 2013
Demi Lovato is so sick of hearing about twerking.
After Miley Cyrus’ raunchy VMAs performance blew up the Internet last week, Lovato took to Twitter to complain about the current pop culture topic of conversation.
The “Heart Attack” singer wrote on Tuesday, “Can the world stop talking about twerking please?”
Lovato clarified that she was absolutely not dissing her pal Cyrus, but said she’s just over the trend.
She tweeted, “Btw – no shade thrown.. Don’t even try to start that crap. Haha… the term twerking just needs to disappear like the word swag does too.”
The “X Factor” judge went on to offer, “I just don’t know what happened to the word ‘dancing’…. Can I getta amen?!!”
Harry Styles also recently bashed twerking, saying it’s “inappropriate” and promotes “promiscuity.”
Do you think it’s time to retire “twerking”? Sound off below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin