Demi Lovato: Niall Horan of One Direction Is “Not My Boyfriend”
2:22 pm, October 9th, 2012
The “X Factor” judge addresses the constant dating rumors involving the One Direction singer in a new Teen Vogue cover story.
Asked about the Horan speculation, Lovato responds, “He’s a really awesome, sweet guy. But he’s not my boyfriend.”
She explains, “I’m in a place right now where I really need to focus on myself. Obviously, I’m still going to like people — or love them — but I need to not be in a relationship for a while because I need to be okay with being alone, first.”
Lovato adds, “I’m really happy right now. I never thought it was possible to be happy because of how depressed I was my entire life. But I feel so incredible. It’s like I’m living in a dream.”
The Lovato-Horan rumors got (yet another) boost on Tuesday when The Mirror quoted a so-called “insider” as saying the pair was “loosely dating.”
Other outlets passed the quote off as though Lovato herself had said it — which was categorically not true.
On Tuesday, Lovato tweeted, “Just because it’s put in quotation marks doesn’t mean I said it.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank