Demi Lovato Defends Miley Cyrus: “The World Needs to Get Over The Fact That She Was Hannah Montana” (VIDEO)
6:10 pm, November 18th, 2013VIDEO
“I think she knows what she’s doing. A lot of artists take that route, of shock value, and that’s totally fine and that’s great, but she has such an incredible voice that’s overshadowed by some of the things that she’s doing,” says Lovato.
The “X Factor” judge notes that she’s been friends with Cyrus since she was 14, and says, “It’s her journey, she’s having fun, she’s being who she is, and I’ll always love her.”
When Katie Couric asks about the criticism thrown Cyrus’ way, Lovato pointedly replies, “I think that the world kind of needs to get over the fact that she was Hannah Montana when she was 16 or whatever.”
“Same thing with me — I guess my transition was a little easier because I went straight to rehab. I didn’t twerk, I just went to rehab,” jokes Lovato.
She goes on, “But nobody knows her and nobody really knows who I am and same with Selena [Gomez] and Jonas [Brothers] and everybody who’s grown up in front of the public eye.”
“We’re adults now… I’m nowhere near the same person I was when I was 15 or 16 — thank God,” says Lovato. “But I’ve learned a lot and I’ve grown up and we’re all in the process of doing that, so go a little easy on us, America.”
Check out the full clip below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties