Demi Lovato: Overdose “Could Definitely Have Happened to Me”
12:02 pm, April 23rd, 2012
The singer-actress, who spent several months in a treatment center, has never explicitly responded to rumors of drug and alcohol abuse, but now reportedly acknowledges both played a role in her downward spiral.
“Promoters gave me drugs and alcohol in restaurants or clubs. They wanted me to come back so I would be seen there. They were basically kissing my a**,” she’s quoted as saying in a new interview with the British magazine Fabulous.
Lovato, who says she was “having fun,” goes on to admit that “being a celebrity can be dangerous,” since “nobody says ‘no’.”
“That’s why so many end up overdosing and dying,” she continues. “It could definitely have happened to me.”
Now Lovato, who says she is single and “not dating at all,” is working hard to stay on the straight and narrow, though she confesses she’s “slipped up a few times.”
“I’m not saying I’m perfect, or fixed, but I am learning to love and accept myself. My outlook is more positive and I am happy,” she tells the magazine.
Gossip Cop reached out to Lovato’s reps to verify the interview’s quotes, but has yet to hear back.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
You might like:
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Lea Michele Says Co-Stars And Family Helped Her During Difficult Time
- Kanye West Delivers An Interesting Analogy
- Kate Upton: Beautiful As Always