Demi Lovato Admits: “I Was Completely Out Of Line”
1:21 pm, August 4th, 2011
Demi Lovato opens up about her recent breakdown (and comeback) in the September issue of Elle.
“I wouldn’t credit my meltdown to a guy. There was so much other stuff in my life,” she explains.
As for her altercation with Welch, Lovato says, ”I just felt like she’d betrayed me. That’s the bottom line.”
But the incident served as a giant wake-up call.
“When you punch someone on a plane, enough is enough,” admits Lovato. “Right after, I texted my mom and just said, ‘I’m sorry.’”
Lovato says she’s finally ready to speak publicly about the demons that haunted her for so long, like cutting, something she wouldn’t acknowledge when red marks appeared on her wrists in 2008.
“I don’t think I would have been ready to talk about [my problems] then, but I could’ve come up with something better than gummy bracelets,” she says, referring to the story her camp devised to explain the marks.
“Needless to say, that publicist is no longer with us. I mean, she’s alive.”
Lovato’s emotional new single, “Skyscraper,” touched a nerve with the performer after her difficult year.
During its recording, she says, “I doubled over, tears streaming down my face. It was a sight to see.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Easily Achieve 'A-List' Hair Color
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Amanda Bynes' Nose Job Mystery
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Khaki And Casual Combat Style With Demi Lovato
- Style: Taylor Swift Knows Her Geometry
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled