Did Demi Lovato Really “Diss” Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez on Radio? (LISTEN)
2:21 pm, March 14th, 2013LISTEN
Demi Lovato has a massive, devoted following that’s helped propel her past personal problems to new heights in music and television.
On Wednesday, when a radio host at KDWB in Minnesota asked the performer why her fans are so “hardcore,” Lovato had an interesting response:
“A lot of celebrities don’t open up to their fans. They just tell them what they want to hear. They don’t really tell them things that can benefit their lives. They just, you know, maybe flaunt around a boyfriend and sell a couple albums. That’s not what my career is about.”
Some outlets — including the radio station itself — are interpreting Lovato’s comments as a direct diss of her contemporaries, like Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift.
But it’s important to note that Lovato did not actually “take a shot” at anyone by name in the clip.
Of course, the media loves a conflict, which is why the “diss” angle will be exaggerated.
Check out the audio below — and tell us what you think!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank