Demi Lovato Defends Lindsay Lohan, Calls Out Perez Hilton For Sensationalism
2:55 pm, November 30th, 2012
Lohan was taken into custody early Thursday after allegedly assaulting another woman at Avenue, a club in New York, leading to an avalanche of speculation about her legal future, mental state, and possible substance use.
Lovato, who’s been through her fair share of tabloid gossip and has never been shy about using Twitter to make a stand, took umbrage with what she perceived as the media unnecessarily piling on Lohan.
The “X Factor” judge tweeted at Perez Hilton after the blogger published a particularly sensational item about Lohan, writing, “@PerezHilton hey how about you just leave her alone? Instead of kicking someone while they’re down?”
Her tweet began a back-and-forth with Hilton in which Lovato argued that the press should ease up in its treatment.
“The media (not just you) don’t realize when you need to stop,” Lovato wrote to Hilton. “This isn’t a headline for your readers. This is someone’s life.”
She added, “I really wish we could go back in time when artists were known for their work. Not their personal lives.”
When Hilton contended that Lohan thrives on the drama, Lovato countered, “Regardless, why does it need to become everyone’s business? If you believe someone needs help – help them.”
Lohan, meanwhile, has been silent on Twitter since her arrest, aside from retweeting a fashion news story.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship